12:00 to 2:00 PM
On Site Registration
Head over to the small tent to register and submit any donations you have brought along. You are encouraged to consolidate your cash pledges and write a single cheque rather than bringing us the cash. Even if you registered online, you must still check in at the Registration Tent on the day of the walk. This will enable us to confirm the number of walkers for each team and determine our winner for the team with the most members!
In the Big Tent
– Entertainment by The 2 Man Band. Click the link to check out their website…we know you will love their music!
– Children’s Activities – games, face painting, mascots, etc.
– Silent Auction
– 50/50 Tickets
– Food: $5.00 will get you 2 slices of pizza (gluten free available) and a soft drink or water. All proceeds from the sale of pizza and drinks are donated back to MDSS!
2:00 PM – The Walk
- There will be bottled water available to pick up at the start of the walk.
3:00 PM or so
In the big tent
– Fred Penner will be performing after the walk this year! Fred has been a longtime supporter of the Manitoba Down Syndrome Society and he is always a crowd favourite with his great music that has everyone signing along. Be sure to check out his website fredpenner.com to find out about his latest projects.
– Cupcakes! We are going to need some nourishment after our walk, so you will find a selection of cupcakes available. Gluten free cupcakes will be available by request to those requiring them.
– Silent Auction and 50/50 Draws.
Our walk is about 3.5 km. The entire walk is on either a concrete sidewalk or an asphalt bike/walking path so it is stroller and wagon friendly. It starts at the front of the CMU North Campus building, goes south along Shaftesbury Blvd., west along Grant Avenue, north along a bike/walking path through the Assiniboine Forest, east along Roblin Blvd, then south along Shaftesbury back to CMU.
Challenge 1 – Team Spirit
Name your team and decide on a way to identify each of your members. Dollar stores and Thrift stores can be helpful for this. At past walks we have had teams wearing boas, t-shirts, all kinds of hats, arm bands, etc.
Challenge 2 – Most Walkers
Have the most team members on site at the walk to be acknowledged and receive a plaque noting your accomplishment! Be sure to tell your team members to go to the registration tent and sign in, even if you have collected their donation already.