12:00 to 2:00 PM
On Site Registration
Head over to the small tent to register and submit any donations you have brought along. You are encouraged to consolidate your cash pledges and write a single cheque rather than bringing us the cash. Even if you registered online, you must still check in at the Registration Tent on the day of the walk. This will enable us to confirm the number of walkers for each team and determine our winner for the team with the most members!
**New This Year**
We have added an “Express Lane” for those who don’t need to make a donation or register their teams. If you are just checking in as a walker for a team, use this lane and we’ll have you in and out of the registration tent much faster!
In the Big Tent
- Entertainment by The 2 Man Band. Click the link to check out their website…we know you will love their music!
- Children’s Activities – games, face painting, mascots, etc.
- Silent Auction
- 50/50 Tickets
- Food: $5.00 will get you 2 slices of pizza (gluten free available) and a soft drink or water. All proceeds from the sale of pizza and drinks are donated back to MDSS!
2:00 PM – The Walk
- There will be bottled water available to pick up at the start of the walk.
3:00 PM or so
In the big tent
- Jake Chenier will keep us dancing with his wonderful and fun music!
- Cookies! We are going to need some nourishment after our walk, so you will find a selection of cookies available. Gluten free cookies will be available by request to those requiring them.
- Silent Auction and 50/50 Draws.
Our walk is about 3.5 km. The entire walk is on either a concrete sidewalk or an asphalt bike/walking path so it is stroller and wagon friendly. It starts at the front of the CMU North Campus building, goes south along Shaftesbury Blvd., west along Grant Avenue, north along a bike/walking path through the Assiniboine Forest, east along Roblin Blvd, then south along Shaftesbury back to CMU.
Challenge 1 – Team Spirit
Name your team and decide on a way to identify each of your members. Dollar stores and Thrift stores can be helpful for this. At past walks we have had teams wearing boas, t-shirts, all kinds of hats, arm bands, etc.
Challenge 2 – Most Walkers
Have the most team members on site at the walk to be acknowledged and receive a plaque noting your accomplishment! Be sure to tell your team members to go to the registration tent and sign in, even if you have collected their donation already.